Our business areas
Home decor. Here you will find design classics of Nordic origin. Everything from curtains, fabrics, and interior design products.
Textiles, carpets, Dock Four, and sun protection for the public environment and the project market. Read more about Almedahls Solutions here.
read about some of our designers here
The history of Almedahls
Almedahl's history began in the late 1830s when Hans H Wesslau saved an old fabric factory and its 20 employees and turned it into Almedahls textiles.
- 1846 - Hans H Wesslau founded Almedahls.
- 1847 - Almedahl takes great social responsibility providing housing and school for the families of the factory workers. The company also provided them with other benefits like free medical care and free medicine as well as accident insurance and a pension and funeral fund.
- 1848- The company grows rapidly and sales double. They now have 83 employees.
- 1857, 1862 - Almedahl received several awards for the quality of work at the world exhibitions in Paris and London.
- 1900 - Almedahls together with Jonsereds Fabriker accounted for 50% of Sweden's production of linen products.
- 1955 - Almedahl's collaboration with Astrid Sampe and NK's Chamber of Textiles "Linnelinjen" - for a modern linen store started. This is when a new era of color and form started, and new modern design lines were created together with the leading designers of Sweden.
- 1958 - The head office moved from Gothenburg to Dalsjöfors in 1958 and since 2005 to Kinna, which is 45 minutes north of Gothenburg.
Today, Almedahls has about 10,000 unique designs in its treasury box!
Read more about Almedahl's and our history:
Brochures from the past